Levi Morrison wrote:

>> Whatever you want to improve, please consider that the PHP wiki is
>> driven by DokuWiki which needs to get updated from time to time (lately
>> there have been two updates every year[1]; this is not accounting any
>> necessary updates to DokuWiki plugins).  These updates seem to be
>> painful already, due to the required customizations.  It would be
>> helpful if further as well as existing customizations could be moved to
>> custom DokuWiki plugins as far as feasible.
>
> Thankfully I've never had to do that part myself. Do we have a
> document somewhere that explains our general update/upgrade procedure
> for DokuWiki? Maybe now that PHP 7.0 is in feature freeze I can find
> some time to work on our web infrastructure again.

To my knowledge there is no such document; at least there's nothing in
the web-wiki repo[1].  However, upgrading DokuWiki installations is
usually rather painless.[2]  The main issues would be code modifications
and evetual changes to the DokuWiki API.

Anyhow, further discussion on this topic might better be done on
webmaster@; perhaps my mail "Maintenability of the Wiki
implementation"[3] is a good starting point.

[1] <http://git.php.net/?p=web/wiki.git;a=tree>
[2] <https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:upgrade>
[3] <http://news.php.net/php.webmaster/20899>

--