On May 8, 2015 4:42 AM, "Christoph Becker" <cmbecke...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Nikita Popov wrote:
>
> > [...] What's our current minimum required vc version?
>
> As of PHP 5.5 at least VC11 (Visual Studio 2012) is required for Windows
> builds.  The currently available snapshots of master are also built with
> VC11[1].

We are in the process of testing latest or better said the upcoming next
version of VC.

However it is a long process. We use a couple of libs to test c99 support.

What could be amazingly helpful, not only for VC, is some sample codes
using what we are most likely to use intensively from c99. It will allow is
to valid them against various compilers as well as clearly define what we
can support in the CS, all compilers we are likely to support for 7,
including VC, ICC or older GCC.

Cheers,