On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Lior Kaplan <kaplanl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> A quick question - I saw PHP-7.0.0 branch, should it be PHP-7.0 branch
> (while master continues to 7.1).
>
> The PHP-7.0.0 should probably be for the RCs (while cherry picking from
> PHP-7.0 as needed). If we have this branch too soon, you'll have a lot of
> cherry picking to later later on.
>
> Kaplan

hi,
cc-ing the internals list for visibility:

the current plan is to not create a PHP-7.0 branch is until PHP-5.4 is
EOLed, so we don't burden the average contributors yet another branch to
merge upwards when pushing a change.
PHP-7.0.0 will be only used by the RMs to tag the alpha/beta/RC versions
from.
yes, this means that until 5.4 is eoled and the PHP-7.0 branch is created
changes targeting 7.1 have to sit in a clone or in a pull request.