Hello,

> Hi,
>
> The first alpha for 7.0.0 was just released and can be downloaded from:
>
> https://downloads.php.net/~ab/
>
> The Windows binaries are available at
>
> http://windows.php.net/qa/
>
> This is the start of a new PHP era! Thanks everyone who made and helped
> to make this happen. From now on we are looking straight forward to get
> the final in time.
>
> Please test it carefully, and report any bugs in the bug system.
> Alpha 2 will be tagged on Tuesday 23th and released on Thursday 25th.
>
> Regards,
>     Kalle Sommer Nielsen, Anatol Belski and Ferenc Kovacs
>

> --

For WINDOWS installation:
If you see the error message: VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing, you need to
install the "Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2015"

Get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46881

If you have error on installation of the package, please check this article
(i used the "Microsoft fix it tool 50202" and then it worked)
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5728fc8d-4ba7-4d08-994a-2144b79a8f96/windows-update-wont-work?forum=w7itprogeneral