On 12/07/15 09:10, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>> Not completely bogus. At least with typed properties you won't need to
>> > actually write the docblocks to have the IDE "hints". It's a minor win
>> > for IDE users too.
> I don't see "not needing to write docblocks" as a win, quite the
> contrary. In fact, in a number of projects I worked with, code without
> proper documentation (including docblocks) simply wasn't accepted into
> the repository.
>
> While I don't think this needs to be mandatory, I also don't see major
> difference - so you have to write type instead of docblock, you still
> have to write something.

In addition, the docblock contains a lot more material than just a few
types, so one still needs to have one. The main problem with adding
types is they become part of the code, while a docblock can simple be
stripped.

As a 'minor win for IDE users' it is also questionable since the every
IDE will need to be re-written to support both methods of working.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL