Hi Anthony and Bob,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most programming languages today have a "short form" closure or lambda syntax
>
> HackLang: ($x) ==> $x + 1;
> C++: [](int x) -> int { return x + 1; }
> Java: (int x) -> x + 1;
> Python: lambda x: x+1
> Ruby: lambda |x| { x + 1 }
> Rust: |x| x + 1
> JavaScript (ES6): x => x + 1
> C#: x => x + 1
> Objective C: ^(int x) { return x + 1; }

Nice summary!
The syntax may look strange at first, but proposed syntax is close enough to
other languages. There will be no barrier for our users in the long run.

I thought scope variables enabled by default is destructive at first,
but Bob clarify
they are passed by value. Therefore, it would not be issue.

Bob, is there reason not to use the same syntax as Hack "==>"?

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net