Dear all,

Just to throw in my 2 cents as a userland developer: having multiple
ways to write the same thing isnt always right, but does have
advantages. (i.e. the [] shorthand is gaining alot of popularity as
already noted) (and might even force array() into deprecation imho)

But it does also add clutter since a developer has to have _more_
syntax knowledge in order to read the code. In this case, chaining
alot of short hand closures would require a bit of a learning curve
where the function() syntax is already everywhere... Reading the
functions is more self-explanatory...

But anyway, with regard to the type hints and such: I saw the [draft]
Callable-types RFC ( https://wiki.php.net/rfc/callable-types ) which
before this discussion really sparked my interest of having types
_everywhere_ (yeeeey!) and with this shorthand closure RFC the two
might even get all the FP guys back into PHP ;)

In anycase, Anthony, you might want to have a look at the draft RFC,
since from a userland view, this seems a really good way to go.

Good luck with this development people! Looking forward to whatever
comes out of it!
Met vriendelijke groet,

Robin Speekenbrink
Kingsquare BV