Hi Larry,

Larry Garfield wrote:
The "everything in the constructor" is the problem.  That results in,
essentially, an obscenely long function call that just happens to be
named __construct().  If I wanted something that obscure and hard to
work with I'd just use anonymous arrays. :-)

Huh?

"with" methods and __construct are not exclusive. In fact, you could have a private constructor and only have "with" methods. Only allowing assignment to properties in the constructor doesn't prevent having a nice API: have your methods call the constructor.

I don't see what you're getting at here.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/