On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Paul M. Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 21:22, Bishop Bettini <bis...@php.net> wrote:
>>
>> Every long standing collaborative system adopts, uses, and sheds rules of
>> conduct to suit its real and perceived challenges.
>
> Including the one headed by Linus Torvalds, right? (/me rolls eyes)
>
> I don't know which is worse: that this is being discussed in the first place,
> or that there are so many willing volunteer speech police around to support
> it.

What is worst is seeing someone using an example of a person referring
to abortions, sexual comments related to "stop the breed" and other
disgusting things as an example of why we should not have a CoC. That
and the fascist comparison makes me wonder a lot about his values. May
I suggest you to bring constructive arguments into the game instead? I
got what you consider as a limitation of free speech. I think many
already explained why it is not about free speech but protection and
about confirm and ensure a safe context, given you understand what
"safe" means here. Hopefully.

Cheers,
--
Pierre