On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> wrote:
> This is more of a side-note, but maybe it's worth bringing up. Since
> token_get_all gives an array with subarrays of a regular structure, might it
> be worthwhile returning an array of objects instead? It would probably
> reduce memory usage (assuming they're objects of a Token class or something,
> not StdClass), but I don't know if it's that useful.

Is the internal memory usage of (new stdClass) actually less than
(array())?  I know array changed a lot with PHP7, and that the kind of
array we're talking about here is a mixed (which would be the least
efficient), but I don't have the numbers to hand.

To your question, I'm cool either way.  Though if memory/efficiency is
a concern, returning an iterator would be even better, especially on
large files.  Though I think that's beyond the scope of this
particular RFC.

Maybe I should keep up my "1 RFC per day" run and suggest
TOKEN_ITERATOR as yet another flag....   Maybe not.  My inbox hurts.

-Sara