> On Jan 7, 2016, at 23:52, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
>
> Do you think we can find 5 people in the PHP community that we can trust to
> make fair decisions (NOT that we would always agree with, but that are fair)
> that don't fall too far into "thought policing", in *any* direction?  If not,
> then the community is already lost beyond all hope and we should all just
> give up now.  I do not believe that to be the case, at all.

Too long spent in a position of power, and even the most fair can become unfair.

As I have suggested before: *if* there is to be a response team, let it be
randomly selected on per-reported-incident basis from the pool of voters. Then
there is no possibility of a charge of continuing bias, and it distributes
power among the pool, instead of concentrating it into a few members.

Proponents of the response team: thoughts?

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjone...@gmail.com

Modernizing Legacy Applications in PHP