Le 11/01/2016 23:55, Anthony Ferrara a écrit :

There are two prime reasons people may avoid internals (at least
related to this discussion).

1. Don't want to deal with the aggressive tone of the list
2. Don't want to expose themselves to targeted aggression/negativity

If we want to deal with the reasons why people avoid internals, the let's go and analyze the problem first ? I will start asking whether we really want to attract newcomers. The question may sound ridiculous but I think we don't, mostly because most people here see newcomers as just a source of annoyment and silly questions/RFCs. Additional evidence shows that we never did much effort to help integrate newcomers.

So, the tone on the list is, IMO, just a small part of the problem. As long as there's no consensus on whether we want to attract newcomers and the effort we're ready to do to integrate them, discussing about the details of a CoC seems a bit prematurate to me.

Regards

François