On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Paul M. Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jan 11, 2016, at 11:00, Brandon Savage <bran...@brandonsavage.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The CoC doesn't try to enforce itself outside
> >> of the scope of project members. Instead, it applies to project
> >> members wherever they represent the project.
> >>

> > So just to be clear, your intent is for the CoC to apply *only* to those
> > who actively participate in the project.
>
> To be clear, he doesn't say "actively participate." He says only "project
> members when they represent the project."
>
> If that's to be the case, I don't recall seeing explicit definitions of
> "project member" and "represent". Perhaps I have missed them? They're
> needed so as to limit the scope-of-action to what Anthony states above.

I like how the jenkinsci folks covered the in-scope spaces under the
Community Spaces list:
https://jenkins-ci.org/conduct/#community-spaces
and they referred to their pre-existing Governance document for definition
of contributors and maintainers:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Governance+Document
In our case it is a bit easier because I don't think we have anybody who is
part of the project but not listed under http://people.php.net

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu