Hi,

Reviewing the patch sources I found few inconsistent decisions not mentioned in
RFC.

1) static typed properties are prohibited. why?

2) The handling of multiple properties in the same declaration statement is
inconsistent.

        public int $bar, string $qux; // this works

        public int $bar, $qux; //this emits error: Untyped property A::$qux
must not be mixed with typed properties

It's better to allow type only before first property in the list and apply them
to all of them (like C, Java and others).
Is this just an implementation issue?

3) We already have nullable arguments without any special syntax. We should
reuse the similar approach for properties.

public int $num = null;

4) There's a mess with initialization of typed properties. (typed properties
are initialized by IS_UNDEF, untyped by IS_NULL).
I think it might be better to implicitly initialize them according to type (if
default value is not provided): bool by false, int by 0, double by 0.0, string
by "" (interned), array by [] (immutable), objects by NULL (always nullable).

Also I found a number of implementation problems:

5) We can't change property_info->type_ce for internal properties, because they
are shared between threads.
Can property of Internal class have a type of user class? This would lead to
crash on second request.

6) $x->a++; doesn't throw on overflow

7) ++$a->a; and += throw on overflow, but change the property value to "float"

8) Reference handling in ZEND_FETCH_OBJ_W is not robust. At least, EXT_NOP or
TICK may be inserted before next ASSIGN_REF. Handling of ZEND_ADD_ARRAY_ELEMENT
and ZEND_YIELD is too pessimistic, missing support for SEND_REF and may be
others.

9) Often calls to zend_object_fetch_property_type_info() are not good for
performance. Currently FETCH_OBJ_X cache "offset" to property, in general we
may go back and cache address of "property_info", but this is going to decrease
 performance for each property access. It would be great to find a better
solution. May be using zval.reserved.

I assume, I didn't find all problems yet.

I think, both RFC and implementation have problems.
I may try to help with implementation.
(9) is the most difficult problem, and I'll try to solve it first.
Do you see any problems with updating RFC with (2), (3), (4)?
(1) would also make proposal more consistent, but I assume you got some
troubles implementing it and I don't know about them yet.

Thanks. Dmitry.