The question here is how type strictness would benefit the language.
I agree with you on most parts. But still... if the class was declared like
this:

class CancelOutdatedOrdersDTO {
    public int $olderThan;
}

Wouldn't that be solved entirely? Code would crash (through a TypeError),
it would never be pushed to production and we would never have experienced
this problem.

PS: I just gave one example... we didn't actually loose 100k, but I had to
spend an hour manually addressing the sales back to pending status.

Regards,

--
Guilherme Blanco
Lead Architect at E-Block