> You're blaming humans (devs, testers etc) for a problem which could have
> been caught automatically (by a strictly enforced type annotation). It

This particular problem maybe could. But it is a symptom of a systemic
issue (bad design, bad testing) - curing symptom and leaving the disease
is like giving a painkiller to anybody who comes into a hospital without
actually seeing what's wrong with them. Usually doesn't end well.

> follows that you actually /want/ writing PHP software to be inefficient,
> labour intensive and error-prone.

Of course I do. I hate all humans and ones using PHP especially, that's
why I spend so many hours working on it for decades now. Kudos for
finally discovering my evil plan. Keep on the good work.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com