I'm having a crack at it now.  Seeing if I can use it to plug a new
Annotation driver for Doctrine.

Couple of things I've found so far are:

<<Entity>> with empty args doesn't work.
<<ORM\Entity>> namespace doesn't work.

On the subject of using @, that could denote a class constructor, unless
someone already mentioned that.
On 22 Apr 2016 12:44 a.m., "Dmitry Stogov" <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

On 04/22/2016 02:16 AM, Dominic Grostate wrote:

This is amazing.  It would actually allow us to implement our automated
assertions ourselves, as opposed to requiring it within the language.

this was the idea - to give a good tool instead of implementing every
possible use-case in the language.

Could it also support references?

<<sanitize(&$a)>>
function foo($a) {

}

yes. "&$a" is a valid PHP expression.

If you plan to use this, I would appreciate, if you to build the patched
PHP and try it.
The early we find problems the better feature we will get at the end.

Thanks. Dmitry.