Morning internals,

    This morning I attempted to prototype a dbc extension.

    In my opinion, the patch, or internals, are not fit for the intended
purpose.

    At the moment, the *only* way to perform meta programming is going to
be in userland. This is going to make it prohibitively slow, and rather
pointless.

    None of the compiler API is exported: This means that AST is almost
useless to internals unless it's a constant expression.

    There is a problem with zend extensions and fcall handlers, which we
are not sure how to fix.

    Working with AST is easy, working with opcodes directly is not.

    Before we can have this, we must work on the AST API and allow
extensions to transform AST with much better hooks than we have at the
moment.

    I was excited to start working with this .. at the moment, I'm -1.

Cheers
Joe

PS. If anyone is interested http://github.com/krakjoe/dbc was my first
attempt at interacting with the patch.