Hi!

> The proposed by you "@..." syntax just won't fit into PHP grammar,
> because @ used as silence operator.

Not sure why it is a problem more than << and >> being shift operators.
Since you said it can't be applied to anonymous functions/classes
anyway, parser with the help of AST should be able to figure out which
one is meant - I don't see a case where it's ambiguous.

> Attribute, syntax is taken from HHVM. I don't see a big reason to
> introduce more fragmentation into PHP world.

I don't think this is a good argument. It effectively means we now give
our language design to Facebook Hack team - whatever they do in Hack, we
then must follow, since otherwise it would be "more fragmentation". I
don't think it is a good position on our side.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com