On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 11:41 AM,  <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> God I hate crap software ... TRYING to reply without top post ... but Samsung
> is incapable!
>
> What I was trying to comment on was that trapping that no result is returned
> may be what is needed, so handling the empty array rather than a null return
> just means having to remember what you do use :(

What follows is a terrible idea and I don't mean to propose it as a
solution, but to spark further conversation:

$result = getData()
  ?> doStuffWith($$)
  :> actOnFailureOf($$);

Basically, a chaining ternary such that the result of the condition
expression propagates to the true/false expressions.  Not really the
same feature at this point, but a similar chaining-friendly take on
the standard ternary.  Just thinking out loud...

-Sara