On 4/30/2016 8:49 AM, Marco Pivetta wrote:
> I think this is much more readable/clear than any event-driven or
> procedural approach.
> We know exactly what is going on, we will get clear stack traces (this
> could need some fine-tuning of the current PR - I didn't try it out yet)
> and we will be able to introduce intermediate steps with ease. In addition
> to all that, this will ease reactive programming by a lot, as piping is a
> natural fit for streams and all abstractions around streams.
>
> The syntax is also already effective in F# (you can write very expressive
> and easy to understand code with it) and now also landed in Hack.
>
> I'd say +10 to this proposal :D

I am with Stanislav on this one or rather meh. It also goes against what
you usually advocate: there should be only one way to achieve things (I
remember your /fluent interface/ example very well). Unless you changed
your mind regarding that. Hence, it is nice syntactic sugar but it does
not allow us to solve problems that we cannot solve already.

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger