On 5/3/2016 8:45 PM, Sara Golemon wrote:
>> The pipe operator is also just a work around for poorly designed
>> libraries in this case and yields more poorly designed libraries.
>>
> Pretending that poorly designed libraries exist is naîve.  PHP is
> dominated by poorly designed software but it manages to work because
> it responds with practicality.
>
> It's practical to provide a functional version of object method chaining.

I really do not know what you want to tell me with that first sentence.

The solution for the problem is already baked into PHP and usable:
intermediate variables with meaningful names. Yes, this might sometimes
be overly verbose. Yes, this might tempt some people to create
meaningless variable names. All in all no argument that was brought up
so far showed that this kind of operator is really useful to solve
something that cannot be already solved. It is always just about source
code formatting and laziness to write out some variables.

Sorry

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger