This is a really good point, Marco.

Of course, this would be much cleaner with a set of functions, since $this
(whatever it is) is not truly a dependency for any of these functions -
they're likely sharing no context or state; they've likely been placed in
the class solely to make them available to the template, which is a
work-around creating a class dependency for no real reason.

Now, if we could autoload functions...... :-)