Hi Yasuo,

On Jul 24, 2016 10:51 AM, "Yasuo Ohgaki" <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Changing the RFC during voting requires a _restart_ not an extension.
> >> The vote must be re-run. I will not put this in 7.1 without a new vote.
> >
> > OK, looks like I was underestimating the magnitude of the messiness that
> > this change (or lack of it) brought to a vote. Let's re-run the vote
> > then, I think that would be the best solution given the confusion that
> > apparently happened.
>
> I'll open reopen the vote a week.
> Is this too long?

No it is not. Sadly I did not follow up on that when I said the vote should
start again.

The idea of a minimum voting period is not an option but a must. We
introduced it in the relase process rfc, as well as the minimum discussion
time, to be sure everyone has a chance to voice out and vote.

We have been a bit too tolerant lately  (like "as this is a small change I
only setup one week discussion"). This must not happen. It is not about the
content of a rfc but the time available for contributors to act. And all
contributors do not follow the RFCs daily.

Cheers
Pierre