> We will do what WE have to to maintain it, but none of us are up to
> speed with current PHP 'style' of coding so we also need help which is
> how we managed to get the PHP7 version updated.

I do not understand that statement, the last time someone actively did
something to improve the extension was back in january 2015, which is
portability to PHP7 and the cross Firebird support that seems to be in
this extension. However I do not see any contribution or patches that
helps maintain it as you so speak of, and again, I do not want that
extra burden on mine or my co-contributor's shoulders having to
maintain an extension none of us uses or have more in-depth knowledge
about, that you must be able to understand.

>If you pull firebird
> then I am definitely dropping PHP7 and sticking with a working PHP5
> infrastructure! PDO is no substitute for the current interbase driver
> and I use cross database transactions which only the generic driver can
> handle anyway.

I meant it can be used instead of ext/interbase, in case interbase gets removed.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net