On 3/11/2017 2:53 PM, Andrey Andreev wrote:
> I don't disagree with that in general, but strictly rejecting strings
> and other non-integer values would alleviate the problem for a
> majority of cases; i.e. would solve the 90% problem.
>
> What I strongly disagree on is that I should be happy with coercion,
> and the almost religious resistance against (non-overridable) strict
> scalar typing.
>

>From whom? Where are you getting this from? We are all in favor of
adding more types to the runtime to solve more use cases. We are all
just concluding that a stringable type should not be constrained to
string + object::__toString only. All your examples just help to make it
more clear that there is no benefit in doing anything other than that.

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger