On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/03/2017 13:38, Christoph M. Becker wrote:
>>
>> On 18.03.2017 at 12:29, Marco Pivetta wrote:
>>
>>> Wait, when was the vote opened? I didn't receive any notification of that
>>> (and therefore didn't vote yet), and we were still telling you in this
>>> thread that there are fundamental conceptual issues with the backing
>>> reasoning.
>>
>> Adam announced the vote on March, 8th, see
>> <http://news.php.net/php.internals/98447>.  The voting result was 8:1,
>> by the way.
>>

> I did think it was surprising that this RFC only had 9 votes registered,
> when the one I opened around the same time currently has 29, so I wonder if
> Marco wasn't the only one who overlooked it?
>
> However, I received the notification fine, and it was picked up by the SO
> chat bot, https://php-rfc-watch.beberlei.de/, etc, so it may just be that a
> lot of people were aware but decided to abstain.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Rowan Collins
> [IMSoP]
>

> --

We currently do not have any provision for requiring at least a
certain amount of votes, but in my opinion it would be prudent to do
so for cases like this. With only *nine* contributors voting and it
not even being unanimous I feel like it shouldn't pass. Anyone who is
gathering notes for a voting rework proposal should take note.

And of course RFCs should only be held to the agreed rules of the
time, so I'm not saying we should reject this RFC.