On 30 March 2017 14:25:02 BST, Rasmus Schultz <ras...@mindplay.dk> wrote:

>Returning backslashes on Windows seems rather unnecessary in the first
>place, since forward slashes work just fine?

This may be true when using the paths within PHP, but is it true outside of it?
If your JSON file had been read in by a .net application, or used to generate a
DOS/NT batch file, wouldn't forward slashes there have been just as broken as
backslashes on a Linux box?

Sadly, I fear this is like trying to automate line ending conversion - the more
you try to avoid being platform-specific, the more awkward cases you introduce.

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]