On 2017-05-03 13:55, Andrey Andreev wrote:
Hi Andrea,

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> wrote:
Hey Andrey,

Andrey Andreev wrote:

I'm not surprised by the suggestion for targeting 8.0, but perhaps we
could think of a way to conditionally disable the mangling in 7.x and
then remove it entirely in 8?
I hate to say INI directives, but that's surely one way for a smoother
transition.

Another approach I'd previously thought of was to keep in memory whatever
information would be needed to undo the mangling process for the
superglobals, and provide a function which would undo it. Then in 8.x it
could become a no-op.

Sounds hacky to me. Plus, a function call means we can't have
environments that do it by default pre-8.0, and that in turn means a
harder migration.
But hey, as long as we get rid of the mangling, I wouldn't really care
that much! :)

Cheers,
Andrey.

Someone has to say this ;), so:

Why not a new API?

You could provide access to parameters with same name instead of
overwriting the existing; consider a=0&a[]=1&a[0]=2&a=3, where each
part overwrites the previous one and the result is a=3.

You could provide support for JSON input.

You could create all kinds of crazy bloat.

--
Lauri Kenttä