Hey guys!

People are complaining over at Reddit [1] about using PHP, Std, UUID,
... in other words about case.

I know that this is probably a topic nobody cares much about, at least
we did not end up in this kind of bikeshedding in the UUID discussion
thread, but it is after all an important question when designing a language.

Our coding standards are extremely unspecific about this kind of
problem, the only thing that is written there is to avoid abbreviations,
and acronyms are not mentioned at all:

https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/CODING_STANDARDS#L154-L166

The question is, what would you guys want? The PHP community that
follows the PSR rules is using PascalCase everywhere. The PHP core is
inconsistent:

- PascalCase:
  - Spl instead of SPL (Standard PHP Library)
- Abbreviation/Acronym (Java style):
  - Intl
  - GMP
  - DOM
  - XML*

I guess that already covers most of the stuff that is actually part of
the core. This is also exactly why I chose to go for UUID and not Uuid.
Personally I am fine with both, but we probably should extend the coding
standards to create a source of truth, or otherwise people will continue
to complain about this.

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/6e24pr/rfc_phpstduuid_namespaced_in_core/

--