Hi,

I voted no, because it is too short term and I'd see a productivity drop having
such an obligation suddenly right in place for 7.2. To implement the change,
there's more than just to put the doc into the source. Every piece of code
needs to be revisited by someone who understands it.

I'm not saying the current situation is better than the aim, but to be
realistic - the change needs a culture to be developed. It is clear, that some
know doxygen, but I believe maintaining the doc will be still a huge effort for
many contributors. If some patch were in place - at least one would have a
source for learning by watching, so it would reduce the learn hurdle 😊 Without
being familiar with Doxygen the actual productivity will for sure suffer.

Neither there's a patch covering at least the very core, nor there's a strategy
for the transition period. I can imagine, that even if the RFC is voted
positive, many contributors not familiar with doxygen won't have time to
complete the doc part. The intention good, but the assertion might be hard. I
might be wrong, but ATM I think the intention is good, whereby the RFC
implementation owes IMHO some elaborated strategy.

Regards

Anatol