On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Peter Cowburn <petercowb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 October 2017 at 17:14, Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:
>> I'd guess because those are the only constructs which appear
>> function-like *and* exhibit variadic behavior.
>>
>> empty/die/exit/print/require/include/require_once/include_once/__HALT_COMPILER
>> don't have a variadic mode so allowing trailing commas in them would
>> be pointless.
>
> That's a fair point, then maybe we should consider declare() too?

Perhaps, but since we've already entered voting, it'll have to be a
separate RFC at this point.  That, or we reset and I don't think it's
worthwhile for declare because it's only got three possible values,
all of which can easily fit a single line.

> Also, I
> know that "echo" is a "doesn't even look like a function" but can that be
> considered as if we're changing any language constructs at all in this RFC,
> then that might benefit too.  Note, I'm just saying "consider" on purpose,
> rather than suggesting any change to the RFC actually be made.

At a shot-from-the-hip guess, I'd assume that would introduce parser
ambiguity because of the lack of delimiting parenthesis.

-Sara