Hi,

I just made a quick try with the way you've described - php_value once in
httpd.conf and in .htaccess, but I see no crash. Perhaps you could file a
ticket with a more detailed description and a backtrace you currently get.

> I knew that threadsafe-compiled php is a problematic thing and recommend
> mpm is prefork when not using a fastcgi-configuration, but iam surprised that
> see the crashes so easily. I used a minimal php and it seems problem occurs
> just
> by reading and applying the values set by php_value for particular request.

It depends on what you do. Some dependencies or even functions in the C runtime
are not thread safe, one has to be aware what is used by an application.

Thanks

Anatol