On Tue, 2018-06-05 at 19:14 +0200, Christoph M. Becker wrote:
> On 05.06.2018 at 17:10, Sara Golemon wrote:

> > On the one hand: Timetables can be pushed, we're not curing cancer
> > here.
> > On the other, that's what a second RM is for, so let's see what
> > Stas has to say.
>
> ACK.
>
> > > By the pending work, do you mean the yet missing karma, etc. you
> > > mentioned in another thread? If so - actually you still could
> > > tag,
> > > write site news, etc. - so most of the things. With the items
> > > where
> > > there is no karma yet like uploading to downloads.php.net or
> > > mailing a
> > > moderated list could be helped.
> >
> > Indeed. Joe had key issues recently and due to not having his new
> > key
> > in place in time we pushed the tarballs out of band, but they still
> > had his sigs and all the rest.  A rough start, sure.  But alphas
> > are a
> > great time to make and learn from mistakes. :D
>
> That's indeed one of the issues.  After quite some struggle, I've
> just
> managed to sign a tag with a quickly generated GPG key.  However, I
> still need to create a proper GPG (including generating a revocation
> certificate), and of course, the key has to be signed by one or more
> of
> the previous RMs (not sure how that will work).

I haven't seen the tag pushed yet. The signing process is otherwise
described in the doc. You can use any service to excercise before
pushing to the git.php.net, fe github. Usually pgp.mit.edu is used to
publish keys. If you've already published the GPG key you're intended
to use, please send it so we can sign. In further it would be ok to
discuss on the release managers list, also you could ping on IRC if
there's more.

Aller Anfang ist schwer, aber schaffbar :)

Regards

Anatol