Hi internals,

Bob and I would like to present a new typed properties proposal for your
consideration:

    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/typed_properties_v2

The proposal allows you to annotate properties with types, which are
enforced at runtime. Unlike the previous RFC on this topic, the new
proposal also supports typed static properties and references to typed
properties.

Please note that next to the main body, the RFC also contains an
"Alternatives" section, which explores the problem space and considers
trade-offs of different behaviors in some detail.

Finally, while this RFC currently targets PHP 7.3, this is a large and
complex proposal and we may not be able to meet the deadline, in which case
this feature will go into the next PHP version.

Regards,
Nikita