Hi Sara,

IMO ffi.enable=true by default is ok. Clearly there's a concern about the web
server usage. However, to give a parallel, there's a lot modules like numpy in
Python using ctypes and ffi and they're usable with say Django. It is all a
consideration of stability and QA. Developing a module with ffi will likely
require a C debugger to be at hand :) If someone copy-paste ffi code into their
production without an appropriate QA, well - there's probably no method that
could be ever invented to protect against such practice. One can actually tell
same about pure PHP code, that is used without appropriate testing. Otherwise,
given there were established modules based on FFI, that are installed a
responsible way, having more hurdles than needed were probably a surplus.
Hosting providers and other parties would be able to figure best secure ways to
handle this for their customers anyway.

Regards

Anatol