Hi, everyone!
Original PR and description see: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/3460.

Because of the accuracy constraint set by the 'precision' variable, debugging
problems often occur, and many developers consider the limited accuracy to be a
feature of the language.
For better compatibility with other languages and predictable behavior, I
suggest changing the default value of the variable 'precision' to -1.
In the tracker you can find several bugs in which people trusted output of
'var_dump' and 'echo':
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=66866
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=66959
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68551
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=73358

Examples: https://3v4l.org/Mr4KM

If you know a case when it will violate some task, describe it, please. I think
that the trusting of FLOAT is a very bad practice.

-- Semen V. Dubina https://sam002.net/