Le dimanche 10 février 2019, 09:34:16 CET Pierre Joye a écrit :
> However I think you are right as well in your other replies. While I wrote
> @ free code since years and I rarely see some in modern code, removing it
> may bring some BC issues that could delay 8 adoptions.

Not sure where in this thread is the right place to answer, but I felt like I
had to report that the php-ldap module triggers warning for about all errors
and is almost impossible to use without @ because of this.
I did not attempt at fixing this for now since it would be huge BC breaks and
if we’re going for BC breaks a lot of the ldap module API could be redesigned.

The other case where error handling through warning is a big problem is fopen,
for which I usually use the same kind of wrapper (setting error handler) as
posted by someone else.

Côme