Hi all!

With the first alpha of 7.4 due in three months, I think it's time to
start the process of finding and electing release managers for the next
minor release of PHP.

We are looking for two souls to take on this role.  Whomsoever is
elected will be guided and helped by Stas and me, as well as previous
RMs and the excellent documentation in php-src:README.RELEASE_PROCESS.

Candidates should have a reasonable knowledge of internals (without
necessarily being a C guru), be confident about merging pull requests
without breaking backward compatibility, doing triage for bugs,
liaising with previous release managers, and generally getting the
branch in good shape, as these are among the activities you will be
undertaking as release manager.

Please put your name forward here if you wish to be considered a
candidate.  An initial TODO page has been added to the wiki and contains
provisional dates for GA and pre-releases:
<https://wiki.php.net/todo/php74>

--
Christoph M. Becker