On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 14:02, Dan Ackroyd <dan...@basereality.com> wrote:

> I don't believe forcing people to explain their votes actually does that.
>
> It does something quite similar, of forcing people to try to
> articulate how the RFC needs to change for them to change their vote
> from a no to a yes. At least that is how I have perceived the
> intentions of people who have asked for 'no' voters to explain their
> vote.

It also ties in with the view previously expressed that we should restrict
voting rights because (my paraphrase) "too many people can vote for
something they don't understand and won't have to maintain".

Asking people to say why they voted the way they did helps explore this:
can people give a cogent reason for their vote?

Peter