From: Joe Watkins <krak...@php.net>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 3:40:04 PM
To: release-manag...@php.net; PHP internals; Dmitry Stogov
Subject: PHP 8 Preview Releases

Morning internals,

Since we now have a result for JIT and we know it will be included in PHP 8, I
think it's time to visit the idea brought up in discussion to have preview
releases of PHP 8.

I'm interested in hearing what kind of schedules we think are going to be
useful - it's tempting to say let's track PHP-7.4 releases, possibly with a
bi-monthly interval, but I'm not sure if that may be too soon, or too slow, or
too fast.

Thoughts please (especially from Dmitry) ?

Cheers
Joe