The problem with this approach is that while it may become more readable
for the native speaker, it becomes pretty much impossible to read for the
rest of the world.
Having one single syntax for everyone allows all programmers in the world
to share code. I can't imagine a world where I'd find a library based on
Russian PHP on GitHub, that I can't contribute to or even understand (I
probably wouldn't use it).
English has the huge advantage to be quite simple to learn for basic
purposes, and it has a limited alphabet, composed only of ASCII letters.

I'm not a native English speaker but have never been bothered by keywords
being called IF and THEN, even when reading BASIC books as a child before
taking any English course at school.

This may be harder for people having a native language with a different
alphabet, though.

- Ben