Hi!

> I'll stop there cause I know there are problems I haven't thought of. And
> I'm not going to argue the syntax I just kicked out from the top of my head
> is the best either.

For better or for worse, English is the lingua franca of the internet
technology. You can, of course, create a compiler which would understand
keywords in other languages. This compiler will be used by 0.001% of the
main language user base, code written with it will be inaccessible to
any person who does not read that language, and communication between
the users of different language-branches of the project would be
virtually zero because they literally would have no common language. I
don't think this would help anyone. Yes, basic knowledge of English is
currently a requirement to engage with most technologies. Once you have
mastered it, however, the whole technology world is available to you, at
one-time investment. Fragmenting this world into tiny pieces, each with
its own language, would not make these parts more accessible to each other.

> But I think it's worth the effort to at least look into the problem.  Wired
> has a point - people learn to code faster when they are working with their
> own language. One of the stated goals of PHP's design has been

My native language is not English. Moreover, my first foreign language
wasn't English either. I had no more trouble learning BASIC (yes, I am
that old) or Pascal than I had learning programming languages based on
my native tongue. The only difference is that the former translated
pretty well into other languages I encountered when I progressed with my
learning, while the latter did not, it was an isolated island not
connected to anything else.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com