From: Zeev Suraski <z...@php.net>
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 12:54 PM
To: Internals
Subject: [PHP-DEV] P++: FAQ

During the discussion of the P++ proposal (
https://externals.io/message/106453), it became painfully clear that this
idea did little, so far, to bring peace to the galaxy.

However, based on a lot of the feedback, both on internals@ and elsewhere -
it seems that a lot of people simply didn't really understand what this
idea was actually proposing to do. I'll take the blame for that - by not
making the idea sufficiently clear.

I went on and create an FAQ, that attempts to address many of the questions
and common misconceptions that repeatedly came up.

It's available here: https://wiki.php.net/pplusplus/faq

Before you read it, I want to stress that this is an attempt to
provide *everyone
with a good deal, and nobody with a raw deal. *It doesn't mean it's
successful at that (although I think it is) - but the motivation is clean
and positive. If & when you read this FAQ, please try to read it without
any preconceived notions.

If there are additional questions that you think are missing, please let me
know - or better yet, if you're up for constructively adding them - go
ahead and do that.

Thanks,

Zeev