On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 10:43 AM Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi internals,
>
> A gentle reminder to everyone that this mailing list has rules, documented
> at https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/docs/mailinglist-rules.md.
> In
> particular:

And a gentle reminder that these are guidelines (even the document itself
refers to them as "hints", right above the part that was quoted), rather
than rules that must be obeyed.  Specifically, there were many discussions
over the years about the "no top-posting" rule (which I'm personally fine
with in most cases) as well as the requirement to merge multiple responses
into one (which I'm absolutely not fine with, and think is completely
counter-productive).  Limiting the number of posts to 2-3 also makes
absolutely no sense during a discussion - although not necessarily
responding to each and every email usually does make sense.

Zeev