On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 at 14:16, Zeev Suraski <z...@php.net> wrote:

> We a new mechanism for deprecations/radical changes

The current maintainers are not bound by choices made by other people,
years ago.

No-one wants to break stuff just for the sake of it, but we are free
to correct mistakes that were made in the past, and also revisit
decisions that were correct at the time but are no longer appropriate
given current circumstances.

I ask you again, please stop trying to impose your will on how PHP is
maintained.

It is not appropriate.

If it continues, we are going to have to look at bringing in a code of
conduct to prevent this disruptive behaviour from being such a
negative effect on other people.

cheers
Dan
Ack