> Am 16.10.2019 um 03:46 schrieb David Rodrigues <david.pro...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello. I like to suggests a discussion about a FR to make possible to
> inline switch, as an alternative to nested inline conditionals.
>
> $value = switch (expr()) {
>    case A1: return A2;
>    case B1: return B2;
>    default: return C;
> }
>
> Instead of:
>
> $expr = expr();
> $value = $expr == A1 ? A2 : ( $expr == B1 ? B2 : C );
>
> Just a discussion to check what do you think.
>
> --
> David Rodrigues

Hey David,

what's the concrete advantage of this syntax as opposed to the already possible:

$value = [
        A1 => A2,
        B1 => B2,
][expr()] ?? C;

there are only differences in edge cases (with floats or with type mixing) …
but for the vast majority of use cases, it is just as powerful as what you
proposed.

Bob