Location: Hiroshima (Japan)
Date: 26.–28.10.2014
Deadline: 11.8.2014

Hiroshima, Japan, the City of Peace is proud to serve as the venue
for the Inaugural Education for Peace and Interfaith Congress in
Asia. With the theme Interfaith Dialogue: The Road to Peace, the
three-day international, peer-reviewed congress will bring together
more than 150 academics, clergy, laity, educators, students and
others from a diverse cross-section of religions, cultures,
communities and nations around the world.

To quote Dr Hans Küng, Professor of Ecumenical Theology and President
of the Foundation for a Global Ethic: “There will be no peace among
the nations without peace among the religions. There will be no peace
among the religions without dialogue among the religions.”

Thus, it is in this spirit of dialogue and openness that we invite
you to submit abstracts of up to 250 words by August 11, 2014. This
is an international, peer-reviewed congress. Full papers are welcome,
but not required.

Registered participants with an accepted abstract and/or refereed
full paper will be published in the  Proceedings (ISSN 2188-692X).
Proposals must be submitted through our online system. Please
consider the following themes:

- Interfaith Dialogue
- Interfaith and Climate Change
- Biblical Theology
- Evangelism and Missionary Work
- Global Ethics
- Holy Books and Scripture
- Humanity, Technology and Religion
- Human Rights and Religion
- Linguistics, Language and Religion
- Media and Religion
- Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution
- Philosophy
- Preaching and Homiletics
- Race, Gender and Culture
- Religious Freedom
- Religion and Globalization
- Religion and Higher Education
- Religion and Politics
- Religion, Marriage, and Family
- Religious Education
- Salvation and Soteriology
- Spiritual Direction and Formation
- Spirituality and Healing
- World Religions

Contact us by sending an E-mail to the following address:
secretariat.e...@esdfocus.org

Conference website:
http://www.esdfocus.org/education-peace-interfaith-congress/

http://interphil.polylog.org