Hi All,

+ Sohil and Rob Clark (as there are dropped from CC'list)

> > > Most iommu vendor drivers have switched from per-device to per-group
> > > domain (a.k.a. default domain). So per-group pass-through mode makes
> more sense?
> > >
> > > By the way, can we extend this to "per-group default domain type",
> > > instead of only "per-group pass-through mode"? Currently we have
> > > system level default domain type, if we have finer granularity of
> > > default domain type, both iommu drivers and end users will benefit from
> > > it.
> >
> > Sure! Makes sense.. per-group default domain type sounds good.

I am planning to implement an RFC (supporting only runtime case for now) which
works as below

1. User unbinds the driver by writing to sysfs
2. User puts a group in pass through mode by writing "1" to
/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/<group_id>/pt
3. User re-binds the driver by writing to sysfs

As suggested by Lu, Baolu will look into implementing this by using "per-group
default domain type"

If anyone has suggestions/comments/concerns, please reply.

Regards,
Sai