I have this at the end of my .zshrc, but only useful if you use zsh:

if [[ $TERM = *xterm* ]]; then
    # set the xterm title, just for fun
    preexec () {
        echo -ne "]0;${(q)1}"
    }
fi

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:01:26PM +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2005-04-08, Hans Sjunnesson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I was wondering if it's possible to change the title on my tabs. Some
> > applications I run under screen won't update their titles, so I get just
> > the stock, repeated xterm title, which makes it hard to tell the
> > applications apart.
> 
> titleset.sh:
> 
> #!/bin/sh
> 
> if [ $# != 1 ]; then
>         echo "Usage: $0 xterm_title"
>         exit 1
> fi
> 
> echo -ne "\e]0;$1\a"
> 
> 
> It might also be possible to configure bash or whatever to set the title.
> I think I've also seen screen update the title to the name of the currently
> running program....
> 
> -- 
> Tuomo
> 
> 

-- 
http://ofb.net/~frederik/

Reply via email to